- On May 26, 2017 in San Rafael, New Mexico, Hector Gamboa, 59 years old, was shot and killed by a member of the police SWAT team while trying to take him into custody. He was wanted in connection with the slaying of 54 year-old Blanca Renova, who was stabbed to death in early May. Police said that Gamboa refused to negotiate or comply with police commands prior to the shooting. The standoff lasted more than four hours. SOURCE: ALBUQUERQUE JOURNAL
- On March 3, 2015 at the Laguna Pueblo in New Mexico, 32 year-old Preston Marmolego was sentenced to 120 months in prison after assaulting his girlfriend and then shooting and injuring a tribal officer. SOURCE: FBI
- On November 18, 2014 in Grants, New Mexico, 22 year-old Andrew Rea shot and killed the city code enforcer, Marty McBride. SOURCE: KRQE NEWS
- On October 6, 2014 in Cibola County, New Mexico, the high school homecoming dance was cancelled after a disgruntled student posted on social media that he was going to shoot the school up. SOURCE: KRQE NEWS
- On September 4, 2014, two more tribal members pled guilty to a drive by shooting at an Acoma Pueblo home. SOURCE: FBI
- On May 22, 2012 at the Laguna Pueblo in New Mexico, a Laguna Pueblo officer shot and killed Gary Atencion after a chase began and Atencion pulled his car over and started shooting at his wife.