- On February 26, 2018 in Guadalupita, New Mexico, state police officers responded to a reported assault with a deadly weapon. Anthony Gabriel Valdez, 28 years old, of Mora, New Mexico, pointed a rifle at his ex girlfriend while she was in her vehicle. As she drove away from him, he fired at least one shot, which struck the back of her vehicle. State police officers quickly located Valdez. SOURCE: LOS ALAMOS DAILY POST
- On September 27, 2013 in Holman, New Mexico, state police responded to a shooting incident at a residence. Upon arrival, police discovered that 51 year-old Adolfo Olivas had shot his girlfriend during a fight. She was taken to the hospital in critical condition. SOURCE: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
- On March 7, 2012 in Mora County, an armed murder suspect died in a police standoff. SOURCE: KOAT NEWS
- On February 12, 2012 in Mora County, New Mexico, state police shot and killed murder suspect Wess Brannon who was wanted for the murder of the CEO for Samba Safety. When police arrived at the home of Brannon’s ex-wife, she told the police that he was in the front of the house with a firearm. SOURCE: ALBUQUERQUE JOURNAL
- On February 8, 2012 in Mora County, New Mexico, 44 year-old Wesley Brannan shot and killed his neighbor, and then kidnapped his wife. SOURCE: KOAT T.V.