- On February 4, 2017 in Rio Communities, New Mexico, Brenda Martinez, 35 years old, was found shot and killed. Martinez’s boyfriend, 35 year old Felix Contreras, is in custody although he has not been charged with her murder. The police believe they got into an argument and the woman went for her friend’s house. They believe he followed her and shot her. SOURCE: KRQE NEWS
- On July 7, 2016 in Los Lunas, New Mexico, police searched for three suspects involved in an armed robbery. It happened at 3:45 a.m. at the Giant gas station. Surveillance video showed a woman walking in the store and then walking out. Shortly afterwards, another man and woman got out of the same car and went into the store with guns. SOURCE: KRQE NEWS
- On September 14, 2014 in Valencia County, New Mexico, a man was shot several times in his driveway. The shooter then stole his car. Neighbors rushed to the driveway and applied pressure on his wounds until an ambulance arrived. SOURCE: KOAT T.V.
- On September 15, 2015 in Los Chavez, New Mexico, 2 men were shot and killed at a gas station on Route 314. Both men were members of rival gangs. SOURCE: KOAT T.V.
- On September 10, 2013 in Jarales, New Mexico, 18 year-old Jordon Hurd was taken into custody after shooting and killing 54 year-old Wesley Hobbs and his 24 year-old daughter Amanda Hobbs. Hurd also shot 49- ear-old Patricia Hobbs, who survived the shooting. SOURCE: ALBUQUEQUE JOURNAL
- In August of 2004 in Belen, New Mexico, a 10 year-old shot and killed his father in front of his 6 year-old sister.
- On August 24, 2005 in Belen, New Mexico, 22 year-old Anthony Chavez was charged in the shooting death of a Belen man. He faces one count of murder and one count of an armed robbery. SOURCE: BUSINESS HIGHBEAM.COM
- On May 22, 2012 in Valencia County, New Mexico, 36 year-old Oscar Quintana was shot in his home on Primero Rd. He was taken to the hospital in critical condition. SOURCE: KOAT TV
- On July 13, 2014 in Los Lunas, New Mexico, police responded to a fatal shooting that began with an altercation at the Allsups. The suspect shot and killed 21 year-old Charles Davlin. SOURCE: KOAT TV
- On May 7, 2014 in Los Lunas, New Mexico, a man fired 75 to 80 shots at police officers during a standoff. The officers were responding to a domestic violence incident. The shooter's wife and 2 younger children escaped but the shooter kept his 14 year-old inside until the officers negotiated his son’s release. SOURCE: KOAT TV
- On February 2, 2014 in Las Lunas, New Mexico, authorities found the body of a 12 year-old boy. He had been shot 4 times. SOURCE: NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
- On April 28, 2015 in Los Lunas, New Mexico, in the Los Lunas Guns and Pawn Shop, 4 people attempted an armed robbery. SOURCE: KOAT TV
- On July 7, 2015 in Belen, New Mexico, deputies responded to a reported shooter in the Hilltop Estates area. 42 year-old Jack Jasamilo of Belen was found dead with 2 gun shot wounds. SOURCE: DAILY BEAST